What is the OEVCA about?
The OEVCA is a force for good in the community. We advocate at city hall, organize community events, and try to encourage participation in civic life. On this page you can check out some of our initiatives, as well as our administrative information like meeting minutes and bylaws.
Our Vision is:
To aid and empower residents of our neighbourhood through advocacy, education and community involvement in order to establish a positive and healthy relationship with each other and with our city.
Our Purpose is:
- to promote, facilitate, co-ordinate, support or undertake activities that will enhance the quality of life and the local environment of Old East Village including but not limited to the following:
- to bring residents together through social activities, educational opportunities and structured OEVCA committees and meetings so that the members of the community can build strong and enduring ties with one another.
- to maintain the residential and heritage character of Old East Village.
- to provide a vehicle for public participation in the preservation and enhancement of those unique qualities that have come to characterize Old East Village.
- to work towards the creation of an Old East Village Neighbourhood Plan, a vision document that will identify and prioritize the needs of the neighbourhood and, through public participation, develop an Action Plan to meet these needs.
- to advocate on behalf of the neighbourhood with the City of London for effective and timely bylaw enforcement and building standard monitoring processes.
- to act without partisanship in the best interests of our community