Neighbourhood Meet and Greet and Call for Nominations
The Old East Community Association is back after some brief covid-related downtime. Come join us in Lorne Ave Park on September 28 at 6:00pm to meet your neighbours and enjoy some refreshments on us. Please wear a mask!
Have you thought that you would like to take a more active role in managing change in the neighbourhood and connecting neighbours with one another? The Old East Village Community Association is looking for residents who want to get involved in the Association to step forward and take a seat at the Board table.
Ask us about how you can participate in any of the following programs:
- Organizing the Old East Village Block Party, the Old East Village Community Yard Sale, Green Day compost and plant sale, and other events that highlight the OEV.
- Welcoming new members and new volunteers year-round
- Taking a lead role in shaping and growing the neighbourhood including taking up Village issues at City Hall.
- Organizing neighbourhood Clean and Green litter pickups.
- Representing the Old East Village in the Urban League of London.
- Maintaining a community calendar
- Kicking off the Village’s “ghosting” tradition in the run-up to Halloween every year.
- Greeting new residents with baskets of gift certificates and information about the Village.
- Holding general meetings to inform the membership and the community of its activities.
- Maintaining a presence on social media to stay in touch with the community – follow us on Twitter, on Facebook, and on Instagram
- Consulting with other stakeholders in the city planning district to publicize coming events
- Partnering with other neighbourhood organizations to improve the neighbourhood
The upcoming term of the Association will see a significant turnover of directors and officers. If you want to get involved, consider sending an email to email@example.com for more information. We’d love to have your participation, your energy, and your ideas.